Published On Nov 04, 2018
Huge thank you to Greg from Travizeo https://goo.gl/VhaLp5 for filming and making this video!
Subscribe now: https://goo.gl/6zXZGK for 2 new videos every week.
A totally different style video today, hope you enjoy it!
One of the most common questions I get asked is Mark, “what are your favorite Thai foods?” And so when Greg was in Bangkok I thought it would be an awesome idea to cover when he was filming with his amazing video skills.
By the way, Greg films cinematic travel videos for brands and promotions, and he also happens to love to eat! Go check out his videos (https://goo.gl/VhaLp5) and website for more details (http://travizeo.com/). And I was very excited when he offered to film and edit a video for me.
Choosing my favorite Thai dishes is a very hard thing to do, but I narrowed it down.
1. Braised beef fire pot (เกาเหลาเนื้อหม้อไฟ) at Heng Chun Seng (ร้าน เฮ้งชุนเส็ง) - There’s just about nothing better to eat for breakfast in Bangkok, and after trying quite a few versions, Heng Chun Seng is still my favorite. The beef is tender and most of all the soup is so fragrant from the herbs and beef. Google map: https://goo.gl/maps/yhtoLCyUbVy
2. Holy basil stir fry (กระเพราหมูสับ) at Ung Jia Huad (ร้านอึ้งเจี่ยฮวด) - If there’s one dish that could be the most popular and beloved easy to eat Thai food, it’s holy basil stir fry (with your choice of meat). It’s a dish that always hits the spot. Google map: https://goo.gl/maps/q6apJqZEhUH2
3. Green papaya salad (ตำปูปลาร้า) Stall on Sukhumvit - You’ll find green papaya salad on just about every street corning in Bangkok and throughout Thailand. My favorite version is som tam boo plaraa, dressed with fermented fish sauce.
4. Fish viscera curry (แกงไตปลา) at Janhom (ร้านจันทร์หอม) - Southern Thai food is always a favorite of mine, and gaeng tai pla, or a curry made with fish viscera is one of the most flavorful Thai foods of them all. Google map: https://goo.gl/maps/kC9a62QCApD2
5. Jungle curry (แกงป่า) at Pla Mae Nam (ร้านปลาแม่น้ำ) - A dish I just can’t get over, and have to order every chance I have, is Thai jungle curry. It’s an amazing mixture of chilies and herbs, and in this case, fish. This is also one of my favorite restaurants in Bangkok at the moment as well. Google map: https://goo.gl/maps/4kbcuqoVdPP2
There it is, 5 of my favorite dishes in Thailand. Thank you for watching this video!
Again, huge thank you to Greg from Travizeo https://goo.gl/VhaLp5 for filming and editing this entire video!
CAMERA GEAR I used to make this video (these are affiliate links):
Main camera: http://amzn.to/2sV0XQO
Main lens: http://amzn.to/2szLZNf
2nd lens: http://amzn.to/2EjBeEg
Thank you for watching!
Please select the category that most closely reflects your concern about the video, so that we can review it and determine whether it violates our Community Guidelines or isn't appropriate for all viewers. Abusing this feature is also a violation of the Community Guidelines, so don't do it. firstname.lastname@example.org